- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 T butter
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 8 oz chorizo
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 2 t red pepper flakes
- 3/4 c white wine
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 2# mussels
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- In dutch oven, cook onions in butter over medium heat until soft.
- Add garlic and chorizo and cook until chorizo is done.
- Add tomato paste, cayenne, and red pepper flakes and turn heat to high. Cook and stir until pan builds up a small fond.
- Add wine to deglaze the pot and allow to bubble for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and turn down to a simmer.
- Add mussels and cover until mussels open (4-5 minutes).
- Add cream and stir.