- 1 TB cooking oil
- 2 Medium Onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup carrots sliced thin
- 1 cup celery sliced thin
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms sliced
- 3 Medium Potatoes unpeeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes w/ green chilis
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) kidney beans or other beans
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 Fresh Yellow Squash
- 1 Fresh Zucchini
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup red wine
- 3 TB Flour
- ¼ cup water
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and mushrooms.
- Cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add small amounts of water, if necessary, to prevent sticking.
- Add remaining ingredients except flour, water, and wine.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir occasionally while cooking.
- In small bowl, gradually stir flour into 1/4 c water until smooth. Add to stew along with wine.
- Cook, stirring, 5 more minutes.
- Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.
You can use your favorite veggies and beans and there are different 'heats' of Rotel so you can make to your own degree of 'heat'.